Seagate SAS Hard Drives
#1 manufacturer of hard drives and storage solutions worldwide
*For Drobo B1200i Only.
The SAS hard drives only support the Drobo B1200i 12-Bay Storage.
Customers Please Note: All Hard Drives are not returnable. Defective drives can be replaced by the manufacturer if still covered under warranty.
Internal Hard drive - 1 TB - 3.5" - 6Gb/s SAS - 7200 rpm - buffer: 128MB
Our Price: $185.00
Internal Hard drive - 2 TB - 3.5" - 6Gb/s SAS - 7200 rpm - buffer: 128MB
Our Price: $271.00
Internal Hard drive - 4 TB - 3.5" - 6Gb/s SAS - 7200 rpm - buffer: 128MB
Our Price: $370.00
Internal Hard drive - 6 TB - 3.5" - 6Gb/s SAS - 7200 rpm - buffer: 256MB
Our Price: $462.00
Internal Hard drive - 8 TB - 3.5" - 6Gb/s SAS - 7200 rpm - buffer: 256MB
Our Price: $585.00
Internal Hard drive - 10 TB - 3.5" - 6Gb/s SAS - 7200 rpm - buffer: 256MB
Our Price: $715.00
Seagate Constellation ES:
Seamless Enterprise Hard Drives
High-capacity storage designed for seamless enterprise integration
Constellation ES is the fifth generation 3.5-inch drive for enterprise 7200-rpm environments enabling cost-effective, highly efficient enterprise storage with highest capacities, best-in-class reliability, leading performance and optimised power and cooling. With its lowest power consumption and highest temperature tolerance, it optimises chassis performance in tiered storage solutions. The only drive offering a choice of traditional 3Gbps enterprise SATA interface for seamless enterprise integration or the industry leading 6Gbps SAS enterprise interface for a more reliable, scalable and sustainable high performance enterprise solution.
Seagate Constellation ES fifth-generation drives lead the industry with a range of high capacity enterprise drive options. Available in both 6Gb/s SAS and SATA interfaces, these drives feature enterprise-class reliability with the power and performance efficiencies that make them ideal for capacity-optimised, 24x7 multi-drive server and storage environments.
Key Features and Benefits
- Reduces design and support costs by building on the Seagate best-in-class enterprise storage foundation
- Features a range of high capacities—from 500GB to 2TB—in a 3.5-inch enterprise-class hard disk drive
- Offers a traditional 3.5-inch form factor with enhanced rotational vibration tolerance and high data integrity for enterprise-class reliability in a cost-effective drive
- Delivers proven reliability, with an MTBF* of 1.2 million hours and enhanced end-to-end data integrity with Protection Information feature
- Lets you choose a 6Gb/s Enterprise SATA or 6Gb/s SAS interface easing integration and delivering up to 2x the throughput of 3Gb/s nearline hard drives
- Reduces energy and cooling costs, with the lowest power consumption of any nearline 3.5-inch drive
- Includes Seagate PowerChoice™ technology for even greater on-demand power savings during slow or idle periods
- TCG-compliant, Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) security option eliminates the need to overwrite or physically destroy drives, enables safe return of drives for warranty or expired lease purposes and allows organisations to securely repurpose or sell hard disk drives**
- Meets regulatory data security compliance requirements and is FIPS 140-2 Validated™ to protect Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data**
- Fifth-generation, enterprise, nearline drive designed for 24×7 operation
- Up to 2TB capacity for data-hungry enterprise business applications
- Best-in-class enhanced rotational vibration tolerance ensures unrivalled performance in high-density applications for continuous data access.
- Enhanced efficiencies with PowerChoice™ host-selectable power options for unprecedented savings during slow or idle periods
- Seagate RAID Rebuild™ development platform significantly reduces hours of lost productivity.
- Multi-drive firmware maximised for enterprise system availability
- Robust performance with dual processor and ramp load technologies (35% average sustained throughput increase over previous generation)
- 6Gb/s SAS performance with error detection and correction (IOEDC/IOECC) capabilities and PI (Protection Information)
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) option cuts IT drive retirement expenses while securely protecting data and is one of the easiest, most cost-effective security measures you can implement.1
- High-capacity data center storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Enterprise backup and restore—D2D, virtual tape
- Centralised surveillance
- Cloud storage
|Self-Encrypted Drive (SED) Option||Yes|
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||7200|
|Seek Time, Average Read/Write (ms)||8.5/9.5|
|Max Sustained Transfer Rate (MB/s)||150|
|Cache, Multisegmented (MB)||Up to 64|
|Interface Access Speed (Gb/s)||6.0, 3.0, 1.5|
|Rotational Vibration @ 1500Hz (rad/s2)||12.5|
|Bytes per Sector||512, 520, 528|
|Power-On Hours (annual)||8760|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF, hours)||1.2 million|
|Reliability Rating at Full 24x7 Operation (AFR)||0.73%|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read||1 sector per 10E15|
|IOEDC (I/O Error Dectection Code)||Reads/Writes|
|IOECC (I/O Error Correction Code)||Reads/Writes|
|Load/Unload Cycles (at 40°C)||300,000|
|Power Supply Requirements||+12V and +5V|
|Typical Operating Power (W): Random Read||10.43|
|Typical Operating Power (W): Random Write||10.15|
|PowerChoice™ Option (W)||As low as 1.39|
|Operating Temperature||5 to 60 °C|
|Nonoperating Temperature||–40 to 70 °C|
|Vibration, Operating: 5 to 500Hz (Gs)||0.5|
|Vibration, Nonoperating: 10 to 500Hz (Gs)||2.0|
|Shock, Operating: 2 ms (Gs)||70|
|Shock, Nonoperating: 2 ms (Gs)||300|
|Carton Unit Quantity||20|
|Cartons per Pallet||40|
|Cartons per Layer||8|
*Mean time between failures
**Not available in all models or countries. Requires TCG-compliant host or controller support. TM: The FIPS logo is a certification mark of NIST, which does not imply product endorsement by NIST, the U.S., or Canadian Governments.
1 Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) and FIPS Self-Encrypting Drive options require TCG-compliant host or controller support. Not available in all countries.
2 One gigabyte, or GB, equals one billion bytes and one terabyte, or TB, equals one trillion bytes when referring to hard drive capacity.
3 Self-Encrypting Drive model. Requires TCG-compliant host or controller support. Not available in all countries.
4 These base deck dimensions conform to the Small Form Factor Standard (SFF-8301) found at www.sffcommittee.org. For connector-related dimensions, see SFF-8323.
5 Protection Information included
- All Prices are Inclusive of GST
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.